Tuesday 3 November 2009

WK 4 – Freezing & Operation

Week 4/Day 3
Early Afternoon
Visit to sperm bank around midday. Pretty uncomfortable and unpleasant experience. But pretty funny nonetheless….

Lead down the corridor..
Here’s the toilet sir…and here’s your room, I hope you’re comfortable
(IT’S A FUCKING CONVERTED TOILET CUBICLE. A BENCH WHERE THE TOILET SHOULD BE. IS THIS GUY HAVING A LAUGH.)
Ah, don’t forget your pots HE HANDS ME 3 POTS…2 deposits would be good, try for 3 if you can.
3 FUCKING POTS!! HA HA! ILL TRY!
A hot and sweaty half an hour ensues…2 POTS. (Always bring your own material – 10 yr old ‘Readers Wives’, coupled with the reason for being there, in a converted WC, is not conducive to the necessary vibes. Get me.)
VOILA. 2 POTS. AND GOOD ONES I RECKON. ;-)
(they were in fact very good pots worth it turned out…a little good news huh!)


Late Afternoon
Slow walk to hospital.
This was a difficult afternoon. Voluntarily walking into a hospital to do this seemed insane. I knew it had to be done but I was scared. What if I lose BOTH of them. I’m not invincible. What if I’m totally screwed. If this is the start of the end of everything. It could be. Shit I’m seriously stressed out.
I am moved upstairs for surgery…

“Here’s the gin and tonic sir” (that was the anaesthetist injecting me with the general anaesthetic).
HMMMM THAT’S PRETTY GOOD……





AHA! SO…HOW DID IT GO…GET THE RIGHT ONE DID YOU?! HO HO!
Hello sir, the operation went very well...the troubles I thought there might be don’t seem to have been there.
GOOD NEWS HUH!?
Feeling quite good.
More morphine please nurse.


Week 4/Day 4
Don’t feel too bad.
The pain killers are pretty good!
Have to queue in line and then wait for the pharmacist to package my order up – this takes about 20 mins. DON’T THEY KNOW IVE JUST HAD A BOLLOCK LOPPED OFF?! OBVIOUSLY NOT. PAIN KILLERS DO NOTHING FOR MY PATIENCE AND GENERAL TOLERANCE LEVELS.

My Dad takes me home and I chill.

I don’t look down for a good couple of days. Ouch. Shit.

No comments: