Monday 2 November 2009

Wk 1-2 - WHAT.THE.FUCK.IS.THAT?!

Week 1 / Day 1

Slight lower back ache on my right side...maybe kidney pains. Have I been drinking this weekend? Flu-like symptoms.

Week 1 / Day 2

Feels better. Go to work.


Week 1 / Sometime later in the week

I find a lump on my nut. It hurts.

Internet search.
AHA IT HURTS…lumps due to testicular cancer don’t usually hurt. SO IM OK.
MAYBE ITLL GO AWAY.
PHEW

I call a hospital and try to book an ultrasound. I’m told I need a referral from a GP. Try to get a doctors appointment – they don’t have anything for 2 weeks. I book in the earliest appointment.


Week 2

Hm, still there, quite large. FUCK FUCK FUCK. I NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR.

MY NUT. FUCK. WHAT IF THEY CHOP IT OFF? DON’T BE SILLY THEY WOULDN’T DO THAT. WHAT IF IT’S CANCER? CAN’T BE. ITLL GO AWAY.


End of Week 2

OK. THIS IS SERIOUS. MAKE THE DOCTOR SEE ME – ORDER AN EMERGENCY APPOINTMENT FOR MONDAY.

No comments: